DMHS seeks to actively expand the Black, Indigenous and People of Color Therapist Workforce in Washington State. Our trainings will have a direct impact on our Communities of Color, by providing more options of Therapists with shared identities by the end of 2023.
· BIPoC providers in Private Practice, which statistically results in retention of mental health workforce
· Increased access for BIPoC clients to Clinicians of Color and inevitably, reduces likelihood of racial trauma occurring in therapy sessions.
· Financial independence and security for BIPoC therapist
· Increase in BIPoC leadership in the Mental Health Community
PLLC Scholarship Awardee 2023 Interviews & Announcement:
DMHS offered the opportunity for Clinicians of Color who have been dreaming of starting their private practice, but wanting to do so with the support of community.
Our Cohort met weekly to discuss legal requirements, financial hurdles & cultural considerations regarding launching their Private Practice, and transitioning from community mental health or post-graduate.
This training was been approved for 6 CEs for Washington State Licensed Mental Health Counselors, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists, and Licensed Social Workers. WMHCA Provider #2309
Fundraiser Link: https://tinyurl.com/mu2h5ud2
For many Clinicians of Color, the dream of launching a Private Practice is often a distant one, due to financial inequities and lack of resource support. Many BIPoC clinicians don’t dream of attempting to launch into private practice, because we have less access to information about starting a business and oftentimes aren’t encouraged to do so. When we finally have the confidence, we may not have the funds or know-how, so starting a Private Practice becomes a lengthy learn-as-you-go process that is incredibly intimidating, isolating, and can be costly.
Peaceful Soul Healing, in collaboration with DMHS, iNFinitely Well & MEND Seattle have come together to offer a scholarship for Clinicians of Color to achieve their dream faster.
Benefits to Awardees:
· Financial support for legal services to set up business. This is daunting to folks who have never run a business before, and is often where a lot of clinicians give up on setting up their private practice.
· Access to training on how to run your Private Practice
· Community and mentorship support
We awarded our first round of scholarships to grantees on September 1st, 2023
Thank you to our top 2023 donors Tanya L & Zane Benhke.
Every $1100 donated covers the cost of PLLC Formation and start-up costs for one PLLC Business License and legal forms done with the help with an Attorney.
For your generous support, you will receive:
· $1000 donation: Name and/or Logo on DMHS website for 1 month
· $5000 donation: Logo posted on DMHS website for 3 months
· $10,000+ donation: Logo posted on DMHS website for 6 months
· $20,000+ donation: Logo included in marketing materials & posted on DMHS website for 12 months